Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Amish Promises by Leslie Gould

This book is Book One for Neighbors Of Lancaster County - Book Description Publication Date: April 28, 2015 Journey Down a Quiet Lane in Lancaster County Where Love and Heartache and Friendship and Healing Meet When Joel and Shani Beck arrive at their new home, they're looking for peace. Shani is thrilled to have Joel back from Iraq, but he needs time to heal, and the quiet of Lancaster seems just the place. They can't imagine any trouble with their Amish neighbors, the Lehmans, but things get off to a rocky start when their son is involved in an accident that injures one of the Lehman boys. Eve Lehman has run her brother's household ever since the death of his wife, but Tim's a stern patriarch. Despite his protests, she's drawn to the new neighbor, Shani, and the two begin to form a strong friendship forged on faith and family. Things seem like they've quieted down until Joel's single and handsome army friend Charlie catches Eve's attention--a man unlike any Eve has ever met. Suddenly life for both families becomes more complicated than any of them could have ever imagined. This book was a joy to read. I do not recall reading any of this author's book, but I will look for more. The characters are likeable. I really like reading Amish and Christian stories. It makes me feel humble and be grateful for the things I have, but also make me strive to be a better Wife and Mom. I see them work so hard, having work ethics and always help each other out. *This book was sent to me from Bethany House for my reviews. I posted the review on my blog and on Amazon (my choice to where to post) and these my own thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment